Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about New Free Party Tips This Week and other Party topics.
GORY MONSTER DIP
1 cup dairy sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise
1 – 1-1/4-ounce envelope taco seasoning mix
1 large avocado, peeled and seeded
¼ cup salsa
2 tbsp lemon juice
½ tsp bottled hot pepper sauce
1-16 ounce can refried beans
¼ tsp bottled hot pepper sauce
1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (12 oz.)
1 or 2 tomatoes
1 – 4-1/2 oz. can chopped ripe olives, well drained (optional)
1. In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream, mayonnaise, and taco seasoning mix. Set aside.
2. In another bowl, mash the avocado with a fork. Stir in the salsa, lemon juice, and the ¼ teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce. Set aside.
3. Stir together the refried beans and the ¼ teaspoon hot pepper sauce.
4. In a 2-quart rectangular glass baking dish, spread the bean mixture, then the avocado mixture and the sour cream.
5. Sprinkle the cheese over the sour cream mixture. Top with the chopped tomatoes and sprinkle with olives. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with tortilla chips.