Read these 7 Other Party Celebrations Tips tips to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Each tip is approved by our Editors and created by expert writers so great we call them Gurus. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Party tips and hundreds of other topics.
This is a great gift idea for a housewarming party:
Purchase a large laundry basket. Select a theme and fill the basket with items pertaining to that theme. Here are a few examples:
1) Laundry theme - detergent, fabric softener, clothes pins, spot lifter, spray starch, iron etc.
2) Cleaning supplies - fill with cleaning products, rags, etc.
3) Unusual Items - Fill with items that every house should have such as matches, flash light, assorted batteries, safety pins, light bulbs.
So you want to host a party? Here's some helpful tips.
1. Set a date, time and place.
2. Start your guest list.
3. Decide on a theme.
4. Make a "to do" list.
4a. Decide if you're "to do" list will require more help.
5. Formal or relaxed? A pizza, wing and beer party is a little different that roast duck and a fine wine.
6. Music or the sound of a sporting event emanating from the TV?
7. The planning is done. Have fun. Don't start worrying about cleaning up.
Parties with attitude. As a noted chef likes to "kick it up a notch," so can you. If you are comfortable with the group (or will never see them again anyway), throw caution to the wind and create some atmosphere! For example, if you are having a sports related party, drag some sports stuff out of your garage, your neighbor's garage and anywhere else you can find it. Then decorate. Not too dirty though. Spread it around the buffet table or any place that someone will pick it up and share a favorite memory. Hmm, sounds like an idea for a game.
If you are going to have a theme party, check to see if the neighbors have some props you can use. For example, for a baseball sports theme party, see if anyone has bats, gloves, shin guards, or batting helmuts that can grace your party table. It's a great mood setter. Caution: this doesn't work well with animal or zoo themes – especially if you want to be authentic!
Time is running out.
Only one more month to throw a party.
You say you can't think of a reason?
Uncle ____ is out on parole.
It's almost football season and you have to practice setting up your tailgate party.
Didn't you just get a new grill?
You have a new BBQ recipe and have to try it out.
Of all your family and friends you are the least lazy.
I have to try out my new table clothes that don't blow away.
It's fun. You know the song "Roll out the barrel, we're going to have a barrel of fun."