Bridal Shower Planning
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Wedding Parties and other Party topics.
When is the ideal time to host a bridal shower?
The ideal time to host a bridal shower is six weeks before the wedding. You'll need about eight weeks to plan a formal bridal shower, less time if the bridal shower you are hosting will be casual. If the bridal shower is not a surprise, then talk with the bride about when she'd like to have the shower and if she'd like a certain theme. If the bridal shower is a surprise, get together with the bride's closest family and friends to decide on these factors.
A week before the shower, you should:
- Prepare anything that can be frozen ahead
- Call anyone who has not responded to the invitation
- Check all recipes and buy the ingredients
- Either clean your home or hire someone to do it
- If you will need extra refrigerator space, call a neighbor
- Decide what you are wearing, making sure it is pressed and ready to wear
- Fill in place cards for those attending
The day before the shower, make sure you:
- Purchase, pick up, or make the rest of the food on your menu
- Check your home for last minute cleaning
- Set up extra chairs for guests
- Check to be sure you have enough ice
- Try to set up a spot to display the bride's gifts
- Check to see what time the flowers will be delivered or pick them up yourself
- Have plastic trash bag ready for wrappings
- Provide a pad and pen for list of gifts and who gave them (one of the bridesmaids usually writes the list)