Red, White and Blue Berry Bowl for a party dessert recipe idea:
4 cups boiling water
Red fruit gelatin, any flavor
Blueberry flavor gelatin
2 cups cold water
8 oz. nondairy whipped topping, thawed
4 cups pound cake, cubed
2 cups sliced strawberries
1. Thoroughly dissolve each flavor gelatin (in separate bowls) in two cups boiling water, per package directions. Stir 1 cup cold water into each bowl.
2. Pour into separate 13-by-9-inch pans; refrigerate until firm.
3. Cut gelatin into 1/2-inch cubes. Layer blue gelatin cubes, whipped topping, cake, strawberries, whipped topping, and red gelatin in a large, clear serving bowl.
4. Garnish with remaining whipped topping.
5. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve. Serve in large wine goblets.
--From Pick-A-Party Cookbook by Patty Sachs
Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.