Pirate Party Activities for Kids
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Party Themes and other Party topics.
What are some good ideas for hosting a pirate party?
Pirate parties are a huge hit with kids. Here are some ideas for pirate-inspired fun and games :
- Walk the plank. Secure a board across a sturdy plastic kid pool with duct tape. Put some blown up alligators in the pool for effect. Have kids walk the plank, after which they will be awarded with a hook hand.
- Make hook hands for kids by cutting a slit in the bottom of a plastic cup and cutting a hook shape out of cardboard. Wrap the hook with foil and slide it through the slit in the cup.
- Make spyglasses. Have kids cover the end of a toilet paper tube with a square of colored cellophane and fix it in place with a rubber band.
- Tick tock find the croc. With a little imagination, an egg timer can become a hidden crocodile. Have kids try to find the egg timer before the time is up.
- Pirate booty can include gummy fish, temporary tattoos, candy necklaces, chocolate-filled gold coins and other such fare.
- Turn hot dogs into a pirate treat by spearing a wooden skewer through a small piece of paper to make a schooner set sail in the middle of a hot dog. Scatter some gold fish around the dog.
- Don't forget the treasure hunt! Send kids on clues throughout the yard and house to find the hidden treasure. Give them boxes they can collect their treasure in.
8/23/2007 8:42:02 AM
I think it was an excelent party and I loved the walk the plank idea.