The Logistics of Serving Food at a Home Party
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Party Planning and other Party topics.
What should I keep in mind when serving food at a home party?
You've decided to host the bash at your house and have put a lot of planning into the right foods for your buffet. But don't forget the logistics like crowd control, trash, beverages, and utensils.
Here are some party planning tips when it comes to food, courtesy of The Food Network:
- For an informal party, keep things simple. Purchase snacks like chips, salsa, nuts, cold cuts, bread, and prepared salads
- Before you go shopping, clean out your fridge to make room for all those prepared foods and make-ahead dishes.
- They're your friends; feed them right. Incorporate healthy dishes based on fruits, vegetables, and grains.
- If you are serving buffet-style, then you'll want to plan a little crowd-control -- spread things out
on small platters with the sides and meat pre-sliced.
- There's no need to foot the bill for the wine as well as the food. Make it a BYOB
and ask your guests to bring wine, beer or soda.
- Make well placed and clearly marked areas for trash.
- Have plenty of ice on hand.
- Set and dress your table before your guests arrive.
- Get creative: use water glasses for crudités, breadsticks, and even flowers.
- Wrap utensils (either plastic or silver) in napkins and place them in a basket for your
guests to easily grab and hold.
- Keep plastic bags and containers on hand to pack up leftovers for your guests.