GORY MONSTER DIP
1 cup dairy sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise
1 – 1-1/4-ounce envelope taco seasoning mix
1 large avocado, peeled and seeded
¼ cup salsa
2 tbsp lemon juice
½ tsp bottled hot pepper sauce
1-16 ounce can refried beans
¼ tsp bottled hot pepper sauce
1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (12 oz.)
1 or 2 tomatoes
1 – 4-1/2 oz. can chopped ripe olives, well drained (optional)
1. In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream, mayonnaise, and taco seasoning mix. Set aside.
2. In another bowl, mash the avocado with a fork. Stir in the salsa, lemon juice, and the ¼ teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce. Set aside.
3. Stir together the refried beans and the ¼ teaspoon hot pepper sauce.
4. In a 2-quart rectangular glass baking dish, spread the bean mixture, then the avocado mixture and the sour cream.
5. Sprinkle the cheese over the sour cream mixture. Top with the chopped tomatoes and sprinkle with olives. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with tortilla chips.
Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.